Everyone has a chance of earning in the GTBank iRefer Program.
The i-Refer Program is a Customer Referral Scheme designed to reward GT customers for inviting their friends, families and colleagues to open and maintain GTBank accounts.
This program is an affiliate program introduced by Guaranty Trust bank to reward their customers. Affiliate? what is it?
For instance, you pick a product people are looking to buy, promote it to those people. They buy and you get paid the commission for the promotion.That's how affiliate is and that's how it works here! You get paid while banking with GTB.The GTB i-refer program
Same as in any business, before you get paid, you need to abide by the rules:
• In order to get paid your commission for referring customers to GTB you need to make sure the referral code you use is correct!
• The person you referred needs to be active for at least 1 month or more. Not an account that you create today and tomorrow they leave
• The account should make at least one transaction [deposited money etc..]
• The account should have a gtbank naira mastercard activated. This means he or she needs to obtain a naira mastercard and activate. NOTE: Only the following Accounts ("Referal Accounts"), can be open under the scheme:
1. GTCrea8 eSavers Account
2. GTSave Account
3. GTInstant Account
5. Current Account
6. GT Max
7. Seniors How to register for GTB i-refer program
There are three ways you could bring the customers into GTBank and they are through:
• Internet banking Platform
• Online Platform
• In-Branch Platform Steps:
1. To refer family and friends, complete and submit an i- Refer form via any of the following channels:
• GTBank’s Internet Banking Platform
• GTBank branches nationwide
2. An i-Refer code is generated for every family and friend you refer.
3. Your referred family/friend receives an e-mail prompting them to open a GTBank account.
4. You receive a cash reward of N100 for every successful referral you make. You can refer as many people.LEARN MORE! How do banks make money?
The Unique Referral Code must be provided by the Prospect Customer at each point of opening the Referral Account, before the referral will be recognised by GTBank. Failure to this will lead to loss of reward.