The automated teller machine, ATM performs the function of dispensing cash to customers. It performs other functions like airtime/data recharge, balance checking, bills payment.
It's not new to the country and it has been serving it's purpose. What if your debit/ credit/ ATM
card got lost or damaged?
The ATM cards has it's advantages and weakpoints. It might be ineffective in certain conditions.
Around 2014, banks across the country initiated their various cardless policy. To guarantee that same smooth ease of withdrawal even with a damaged card, the idea was brought to light.
This has helped to close the space kept because of card's malfunctioning. You can make withdrawals at any ATM or POS point without need of a card to insert.
You can transfer funds or even pay your bill in an ATM or POS powered with such functionality. It's actually flexible also, as there's no need of roaming about with cards rendering less damage to these cards. The methods are quite simple and applies uniquely to First bank of Nigeria.
What You Need To Initiate The First Bank Cardless Withdrawal
These are the things you will need at the ATM point in place of your credit/debit card:
1. The exact amount of money you want to withdraw.
2. The 12 digit Paycode which will be sent to your mobile line as a text message.
3. The self-generated 4- digit One-time PIN (OTP)
How To Use First Bank Cardless Withdrawal Feature
Follow the below steps carefully to initiate a cardless withdrawal(especially if it's your first time doing).
1. Dial *848*Amount
# The amount should be constant. .Don't vary it at the withdrawal point.
2. A popup would ask you certain details of your account. Please, carefully authenticate the transaction those details and your PIN
3. In the next popup, a 4- digit one-time PIN would be required of you, generate the PIN yourself, then press send. (Be sure to write down your generated pin(OTP)
4. You might need to wait a bit longer for a paycode to be sent to you through SMS or email. ( This will be to your phone your are using for transaction)
5. Next you have to locate the nearest First Bank Cardless enabled ATM then enter your personal PIN. In the options which would follow, select Cardless Withdrawal
6. Enter your 4-digit One time PIN( The pin you generated) and paycode
7. Enter the amount you sticked to and your phone number
8. After some time verifying your account, your money will be dispensed to you!
As you could see, it saves you the stress of carrying cards about. You just need the codes and you get your money. You might be worried of the codes leaking to the public eye, however it would expire 24 hours after initiation. It just becomes a mere useless code the next day.
Don't play with your PIN(the permanent one given while creating an account). Of all the code you should jot down while about to perform a cardless withdrawal, that one isn't to be jotted. If you don't always remember it, try not an alternate method which would need you to jot it on a paper.
ATM cards makes for easier withdrawal of cash, however the cardless functionality feature makes for an even easier way of withdrawal!