Dstv extra view is the unique way inwhich subscribers can watch different channels through the same subscription on Dstv.
Two to three decoders can be connected and viewed independently of each other. The extra view feature reduces cost of subscription although it do incur charges as well. It do serve an excellent purpose in houses where there are competition for tv remotes. The inability of a family member to catch-up with his favourite program when another is viewing is removed.
Independent viewing isn't the only benefit of the extra view, the different decoders get their seperate supersport active feature. It's just like another subscription but at a cheaper with a single dish.
Thing needed for XtraView
₹ Two XtraView capable decoders and two TV sets.
Capable decoder models for XtraView
₹ Standard Decoder (DSD1110, DSD1131 and DSD1132)
₹ SD PVR
₹ HD PVR (2 Tuner, 4 Tuner)
₹ Standard Decoder + Standard Decoder
₹ Standard Decoder + HD PVR
₹ SD PVR + HD PVR
₹ HD PVR + HD PVR
* Although the SD PVR is XtraView capable, SD PVR + SD PVR or SD PVR + Standard decoders are not available as XtraView combinations.
₹ A qualifying bouquet subscription.
₹ An upgraded installation.
₹ A MultiChoice Accredited installer who will install and activate your XtraView.
₹The latest version of decoder software.
₹The latest version of Smartcard. Related Posts:
* DSTV Packages (Bouquets) Subscription Prices, List of Channels in Nigeria 2019
* How to activate and reset DStv decoder after subscription/payment in Nigeria
* DSTV Bouquet, channels, packages to Watch EPL, Champions league, Laliga
* Once installed, your installer should activate your XtraView by contacting the MultiChoice Call Centre with your subscription details, decoder details, Smartcard details, primary decoder choice and product choice.
DSTV Xtra view subscription price
The costs of decoders aside, the cost of the xtra view is about R90 in south african currency, which is about N2,300 when converted to naira. If you are connecting two decoders to a primary decoder, you have to pay 2 x R90 which is R180.
If you have issues with an xtra view connection, contact DSTV on email at [email protected]
or [email protected]
or call toll free numbers 09090630333 (9mobile), 07080630333 (Airtel), 08113630333 (Glo) and 08149860333 (MTN).