Have you been plagued by this Virus or Malware called XHELPER?; Then this article is for you. Even if you have not heard of it, you might also be helping out a friend of yours or someone you know who has been experiencing the threats being carried out on android devices these days.
Read through this article carefully to find the Working Solution(s) to this Virus that uses the back door to inflict problems on your device.
WHAT IS XHELPER
XHELPER is an android virus that threatens the security of your device, especially on an android phone. It does various frustrating and Disgusting things to your device that makes you want to bash or throw your phone away!
This is not an exaggeration, you only need to meet a Victim of this Virus Malware to know what I mean.
HOW DOES XHELPER GET INTO YOUR DEVICE
Believe me, any time you connect your device to the Internet, you face the possibility of getting XHELPER installed unknowingly on your device. XHELPER is a Sneaky Bastard that uses Stealth to take control of device Internet connection. You just have to mistakenly click a link online and you have become a host to XHELPER. By this time, the Suffering and Frustration begin!.
6 THINGS XHELPER DOES WHEN IT AUTOMATICALLY INSTALLS ON YOUR DEVICE?
1. This virus will install different types of unwanted apps and apk files like Doodle Quest, Settings, System, e.t.c.
Note: The settings app becomes two on your list of installed applications. That's how you know something is amiss with your device.
2. When you are connected to the Internet, it takes control of your google chrome browser by changing the homepage landing to aiboo.cc or any of its variants. Any browser you may be using apart from chrome is also affected.
3. It takes over the Permission settings like Microphone to play background sounds anytime you are connected to the internet on your browsers. Just Imagine hearing sounds when you are not playing any game, music or video on your device!.
4. It pops up adverts on your browser pages and apps. This is different from the normal ad-contained apps and webpages.XHELPER forces itself onto your connection.
5. It slows down your phone speed and performance; it also takes control of your phone screen lock and notification. Sometimes, your phone will just automatically reboot.
6. XHELPER virus consumes your mobile data subscription without you knowing it and makes using your phone generally frustrating!
THINKING OF USING AN ANTIVIRUS?
Surely, Antivirus apps like Kaspersky, Norton, AVG, Malwarebytes will detect the presence of XHELPER and will remove it immediately, BUT XHELPER will sneak in again!. Even if you buy a paid version of any of those Antivirus apps!
On the Long Run, the antivirus apps can only remove XHELPER temporarily which finally amounts to Nothing, I can feel you are itching to find the Tested and Working Solution to XHELPER, but I have good news for you, this virus can be dealt with completely if you follow the instructions below.
HOW TO RENDER XHELPER HARMLESS: STEP BY STEP GUIDEMETHOD 1
1. Go to your Phone Device Settings, click on Apps, and you will see a list of your installed applications.
2. Go to Chrome, Click on it, Clear the data and Disable it.
You won't be using Google Chrome again[in this method only].
3. Go to XHELPER.apk, there are two variants at times depending on the level of stealth it has attained. Click on the first XHELPER, disable all permissions like location, Storage, e.t.c.
Also, go to the Notification under XHELPER, click on it, disable "Allow Peeking", and Enable "Block All".
Go to the second XHELPER[if there is], do likewise as above.
Then go to the Data Usage[still under XHELPER.apk], click on it and restrict the background app by enabling the button switch you will see there. Clear the Data under storage usage and leave XHELPER.DO NOT FORCE STOP OR UNINSTALL XHELPER ON YOUR DEVICE as it will sneak in again.
4.If you notice any other suspicious apps like Doodle Quest, Setting[the second fake but harmful Setting], System,e.t.c.Repeat the procedure in Step 3 and you're done.
NOTE: DO NOT UNINSTALL XHELPER!.METHOD 2
If your phone can automatically receive wireless updates, then make sure your device is up to date as I recently noticed that the Android Security patch level[under about phone] changed from March 2017 to May 2018 after installing the wireless update [on my Tecno W2 android 6.0] and it prevented malicious apps XHELPER and its variants on my device.
To check for wireless updates, Go to Settings>>About phone>>Wireless Update, then check for updates [make sure your data connection is on]. Follow the instruction from there. I noticed that this second method of wireless update enables me to use google chrome again!
But if your android devices can't receive wireless or Over The Air updates, so the first Method will suit you.
Although you can still check again if your phone supports Wireless update.
I hope this helps? This has been tested on Tecno W2 Android version 6.0 and it works very well.