The telecommunication giant Airtel recently introduced Airtel Tv App that offers you unlimited access to the world 's best Video-on-Demand (VOD) content. With this mobile app, you will be able to stream and watch thousands of popular Nollywood, Bollywood, Zollywood, and Hollywood movies right on your smartphone.
Interestingly, Airtel Tv app still gives you access to some of the popular TV channels such as Al Jazeera, Bloomberg Television, Trace (Urban, Africa, Mziki, Tropical, Gospel and Sports Stars), Gametoon, Fashion Box, Bollywood, Nautical, God TV, and Inspiration TV among others.
Whether you are looking for some random TV shows, documentaries, sporting events, skits, kids, or music videos you are fully covered. All you need is to download the Airtel Tv App, before downloading the Tv app I will like to share my experience while using the app. So if you are interested to know everything about the Airtel mobile Tv app then this post is for you.
When I heard about the Airtel Tv app I went straight to Google Play store to download the app, at least to know how it works before sharing more information about the app. Honestly, the app is top-notch and a must have for airtel mobile users who wish to enjoy the favorite TV shows on the go.
How Airtel Tv app works
What I really don't like about this app is that Airtel designed it to work only for Airtel mobile subscribers, if you don't have registered Airtel Sim, you will not able to enjoy the services that the app offers. If you don't have an Airtel sim and not ready to buy one then don't waste your data downloading the app, it won't work without an Airtel sim. All you need to enjoy the service is a registered Airtel SIM, a data-enabled handset/device, and an active Airtel data bundle. Airtel Tv App subscription charges
Interestingly, Airtel TV app does not require any form of subscription to work, the service comes at no cost to you, so don't worry about paying a monthly subscription. You can stream and watch as many movies, videos, or TV programs as you want whenever and wherever as long as you have an active data plan. Moreover, the cost you have to pay is to have a good 3G or 4G enabled device (Smartphone or Tablet
If you are worried about data subscription, then check out my list of best data plan for online Video streaming in Nigeria
How to Download Airtel TV app
To download the Airtel Tv app you simply go to Google play store here
and download it, after downloading it you will have to register to be able to use the Tv app but before then let take a close look at the features of the app.
Features of Airtel TV
• Data Saver Options
: Select your preferred streaming quality to save your data. Go to 'Menu'>>'Settings'>>'Playback Quality’ and then select either low, medium, or high quality and save.
• No subscription is required! However, data charges apply.
• Create a watch list that you can watch later.
• Access to a variety of genres such as Drama, Romance, Action, Comedy, Music, Faith/Religion, Health/Fitness, Kids, and Documentaries.
• Browse through titles or search for your favorite movies, videos, channels by entering related fields such as Movie/TV Show title/Director/Actor/Channel name into the search bar at the top of the page. Example: to search for “One Wish”, type in: “Fredrick Leonard” or “Lota Chukwu”.
• Movies are available in Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, and English language.
• Regular newsletters to notify you of new releases
• Great content for your kids as well as for bonding with the family.
• Share videos with friends and family; click on the share button on the movie/show/video page and then select where you want to share and with whom.
• Lock screen option available
• Register with your mobile number to enable Airtel to maintain your playback status and keep track of your subscription
• If for any reason you need to change your phone number or perform a sim swap or change mobile device, all you need to do is log in to the app with the mobile number to continue enjoying the service.
• Personalization and recommendation options coming soon!Recommended Posts:
* Airtel Tariff Plans 2020 — Packages with the best and cheapest call rates
* Airtel family and friends(FaF) — Migration, adding, removing, and viewing of numbers
*Airtel Night plan 500MB For N25, 1.5GB For N200 With SmartTrybe
How to sign up to the service
• Download the Airtel TV app from Google Play Store or Apple store and install it.
• Launch the app and click “Register”
• Enter your Registered Airtel Phone number and Email address and click “continue”
• Enter the 4 digits OTP received on your device then confirm.
• To complete your registration, go to your mailbox and verify your email address by clicking the button “Verify Email Address”. You can also verify your email address later.
• Now you are all set to browse through the catalog and stream any content or channel of your choice.