Have you been facing this Message Blocking Is Active error while trying to send a text message on your phone?. The answer to this question is probably yes since you are on this page. I understand how boring it can be when trying to send an urgent text message across to someone only to be interrupted with Message Blocking Is Active error.
The error message mostly pops up immediately after sending your text message. However, such error is usually experienced by T-Mobile users, but since you are on this page, I will guide you on how to solve Message Blocking Is Active error. Obviously, other carriers might as well experience the same error and not just T-Mobile users.
Since we have seen what the error looks like, it's time to take a closer look and provide the solution to the problems. However, to solve the problem, we must first take a look at the possible causes of Message Blocking Is Active error.
Why you are seeing message blocking is active when sending a text message
1. The "Message Blocking Is Active" error could be caused if one of you blocked the other person. When you receive this error message, one of the first things to remember is that the recipient either has you on their block list or you have them on your block list.
2. The error message could occur if you have a service failure. So you'd like to give it a few minutes or hours before retrying, as there's a chance that your network provider is doing maintenance, and might have stopped the messaging service.
3. Another cause that we've heard about from T-Mobile could be a shortcode mistake. Certain "message blocking is active" errors were caused by either inactive or incorrect shortcodes. If you're on the clear, check that this is not from your end, so the mistake will be at the end of T-Mobile, and you will have to call them so they can address the problem with their technicians.
4. Your recipient may also have restricted messages coming from a certain group of users. Some messaging applications may have issues that work seamlessly with your carrier. If any of these were used, you might need to check to see if you can manually allow these applications. If there is no option to allow these applications, you may not be able to resolve this issue on your own.
5. You also want to be sure of the plan you’re subscribed to. If you are trying to send text messages from a Data only plan, then there’s a chance that the message wouldn’t go through and you’ll get this error message.
6. You should also confirm that the service you’re sending the message to supports a premium text messaging service. We earlier talked about not being able to send the message because your carrier doesn’t support a premium text messaging service, in this case, you should be sure that the issue isn’t on the recipient’s end.
How to fix “message blocking is active” issue
I have listed 6 reasons why you are facing message blocking is active issue but at the same time, I have a few solutions that can help solve the problems if you are currently seeing the error. Feel free to tell us which of the solutions fixed the issue for you.Check network coverage
:- If the area coverage is listed as none, you would not be able to send or receive texts or make and receive calls.Check whether your phone is suspended or Active
:- Check and confirm that your phone is Working on the system settings page of your account, if it is classified as Suspended or Still Porting, then you will not be able to send or receive text messages.Be sure that text messaging is part of your plan
:- Earlier, we discussed this. On the system settings page of your account, see if the Send/Receive Text Messages setting is available. If not yet enabled, allow this option. If you don't seem to have the choice available, then you either don't have text messaging as part of your plan or your number is inactive.Check the country code
:- A quick Google search of the country code would help you see if you're using the right one if the mistake was on foreign texts.Check the text Content
:- By sending only plain texts in messages, some users were able to overcome this. There is a possibility that all of the other non-plain-texts applied to the message triggered the message blocking Is active error. Delete and retry all attachments, emojis, images, or graphics in the post.Unblock the user or ask them to unlock you
:- An alternative that works, especially when you're blocked, is to ask the individual to unblock you. Call the number if you are not sure if you have been blocked or not. If it doesn't communicate as well, then there is a possibility that you've been blocked or the user has been blocked. If calls go through, then in this post, you may have to try the other fixes.