Zenith Bank provides several banking services which includes mobile banking, USSD banking, scan to pay internet banking, among others. These different systems are unique of each other, although they are all easy to setup and get to use. The article features mainly on the Zenith Bank transfer code, it's features, and the purposes to which it could be engaged.
Zenith Bank is one of the leading financial institution in Nigeria, with a total assets of $16.1bn and shareholders' equity of $854 million, according to a December 2019 disclosure.
The bank is listed in the Nigerian stock exchange as well as a similar exchange in London, United Kingdom. Established in May 1990 with full operations commencing in July, the bank has grown to reputation majorly due to it's immense investment in information technology.
Zenith Bank has more than 500 banking halls in all states of the country including the federal capital territory. It has overseas subsidiaries in selected few countries which include the United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, Ghana, Sierra Leone and The Gambia.
The bank is owned by billionaire, Jim Ovia, one among the top ten richest people in Nigeria for the year 2021
. Ebenezer Onyeagwu serves as the bank's current CEO.
Zenith Bank USSD Banking
Like every other modern banking institution, Zenith Bank has its own unique transfer code. The *966# EazyBanking service
allows customers a fast, secure, and convenient mobile banking experience right from a mobile phone without the need of an internet connection.
The code makes for unperturbed self-services like money transfer, ATM cashless withdrawal, airtime recharges, among others through the twenty-four hours in a day, and seven days in a week.
Registering For Zenith Bank USSD Banking
The first step towards accessing Zenith Bank's convenient USSD banking is to open an account with the bank, and this could easily be done with a USSD code.
To open an account with Zenith bank, dial *966*0# and follow the on-screen prompts. You wouldn't be required to fill a form, although you might be required to complete your account creation at a branch.
Nevertheless, through the USSD prompt, an account number would automatically be created and sent to you via SMS. With your ten-digit account number (NUBAN), you could receive fund, purchase airtime, and make transfers. It should be noted that an account could be created alternatively at a Zenith bank branch rather than through the EazyBanking USSD code.
After a successful account creation, you would need to create a transfer PIN to enable USSD transaction for your mobile line. The following simple steps outlines how to do so.
- Dial *966*00# with the mobile line registered to your account.
- You will be required to enter the last 4 digits of your Debit (ATM) card number, key them in.
- You will be prompted to create a 4 digit PIN, after that, you would be required to confirm the digits.
- Upon a successful creation, you will get a “Retrieving your balance” message. You would also receive an SMS with the balances on your accounts.
You could reset your 4 digit PIN easily with your mobile line by dialling *966*60#
. Thereafter, follow the on-screen prompts to get your PIN changed.
If however you need to retrieve a misplaced and/forgotten PIN, you could dial *966*60# then select option 4 to get it.
Zenith Bank Transfer Code
To transfer money to any bank account owner in the country, you simply dial *966*Amount*Account Number#
from the mobile line you registered a USSD banking with. Example, if you intend sending a thousand naira to an account with number: “1233567892,” dial *966*1000*1233567892#.
Alternatively, you could follow the below steps:
- Dial *966#. As usual, it should be from the mobile line registered for USSD banking.
- Select “Transfers” from a list of options.
- Next, you would need to select the recipient's bank name, and key-in the recipient's account number from the succeeding input prompt.
- You would be required next to type in the amount you so wish to transfer.
- In the next menu, input the last six digits of you ATM card to confirm transaction, and you're done.
It should be noted that the maximum transaction limit for a tier 1 account is pegged at N50,000 and that of a tier 3 account is N100,000.
How To Purchase Airtime
You can as well purchase airtime to your mobile line conveniently from the comfort of your home. To buy airtime to your registered line directly, dial *966*Amount#
. For instance, if you're purchasing an airtime amount of N1,000, you would be required to dial *966*1000# to buy the airtime.To purchase airtime to a third party which may be your relative or friend's line, or probably just any of your other mobile lines, dial *966*Amount*mobile number#
. For instance, you need to recharge a third-party line with a thousand naira airtime, you need to dial *966*1000*0803876665#. It should be noted however that airtime purchase above N3,000 isn't allowed.
Other Features Of Zenith Bank USSD Banking
Aside transfers and airtime purchase, one could conduct any of the following through Zenith bank's dedicated USSD code:
Check bank account balance
To check your instantaneous account balance easily on your device, simply dial; *966*00# and follow the on-screen prompts.
You can also get your account statement by navigating through the *966# menu and selecting the appropriate option for it.
You could easily make a cardless withdrawal by requesting for such code through dialing *966*60# and selecting the option seven.
As with other banks, you can pay bill through USSD banking provided by Zenith bank.To pay DSTV and PHCN bills, dial *966*7*amount*customer id#
and follow the prompt.To pay Zenith bills, dial *966*6*biller code*amount#
Other features include:
- To update your BVN, dial *966*bvn#.
- To perform USSD on POS Transaction simply dial *966*000# and enter your POS Reference code.
- To perform an ATM card block, dial *966*60# and select option 6.
- To deactivate your mobile banking profile, dial *966*20*0# and follow the screen prompt.
- To stop all debit transactions from your account, dial *966*911#. Note that you would need to visit a Zenith bank branch to unblock your account.
Zenith Bank could be contacted for further details or assistance through any of their customer care services. Their quick customer care service line is 234-1-2787000, or 0700ZENITHBANK.