This article will show you how to check MTN number on your phone when you might have forgotten about it. It's normal to forget your phone number since most people now use multiple phone numbers, which makes it hard to remember all of them.
If you have forgotten your phone number, whether it's MTN, Glo, Airtel, or 9mobile, there is always a way to check your phone number, and you can read my previous guide: here
Today, I am going to focus on MTN users. It might surprise you to know that there are up to 7 different ways how you can check MTN numbers without stress. If you know your phone numbers and are sure to remember them at all times, then this guide is not for you, but if you own different phone numbers, then you need to learn how you can be able to get your phone number anytime, any day and wherever you are.
You can meet a friend who urgently needs your phone number, but you cannot remember it. Don't worry; after this guide, you will know how to check MTN numbers with a simple code, even without any money on your phone.
Simple Steps on how to check MTN Numbers
Without wasting your time further, we will look at those simple methods you can use to check your MTN numbers.
1. Dial Code to check my MTN Number
One of the best methods MTN users appreciate is using simple USSD code to check their MTN numbers. Well, the good news is that there is a code you can use to check your MTN number.
Without any doubt, people look for a dial code to check my MTN Number because it's the fastest way to find their numbers, so here we go.
How to use code to check my MTN Number
- Pick your phone, which you have your MTN line on it
- Dial this USSD code *123*1*1# or *663# (it works with any phone and doesn't require internet)
- After dialing the code, you will see a pop-up screen that contains your phone number.
- The next thing you will do is screenshot it and save it on your phone in case you need it next time.
- MTN will send you an SMS, including your phone number.
2. Use *123# USSD Code
Using *123# is like killing two birds with one stone. This code will not only help you find your forgotten MTN number but can also be used to carry out other transactions.
The process is simple and only involves dialing a code and following the onscreen prompt.
How to use *123# to check my MTN Number
- To see what you can do with *123#, dial the code on your phone with MTN SIM.
- Select the Account info from the onscreen options by typing or replaying with "1."
- From the list of options, select 'My Number' from the screen again by typing '1'.
- Your number will be displayed on your screen immediately.
- Now screen short it by pressing and holding your phone down key volume+power together if you use a smartphone or copy it out to somewhere else.
3. Call customer care
I am sure that the options above will work for you, but If they fail to work for you, you have nothing to worry about because more options are available.
MTN customer care is there 24/7 to listen to your problems and is willing to help you out with anything about MTN mobile network.
Asking the question 'how to check my MTN number' is a question that you can get answers to from MTN customer care without any stress.
To get your MTN number from MTN customer care, all you need to do is to take note of the following MTN customer care phone numbers:
MTN's free customer care number: is 1; call MTN even when you don't have any credit on your phone.
If you cannot use your MTN phone number to make calls, then use other mobile networks by dialing '08031000180.'
If you are not in Nigeria, then add +234 to the number like this: '+2348031000180'
When you are linked to an MTN customer care agent, ask them to remind you of your MTN number that you have forgotten it.
4. Use MTN Mobile App (myMTN App)
MTN Nigerian built a mobile app called myMTN App, and this app is a must-have for anyone who owns a smartphone. With this app, you can do much more and not just check your MTN number.
MyMTN App allows MTN subscribers to manage their accounts easily, find and subscribe to exclusive offers, check their data usage, and help them subscribe to any MTN products and services.
How to use MTN App to check my MTN Number
- The first step is to download the MTN mobile app Google play store here
- install the app and go to your phone screen to find the app with the name 'myMTN.' Click on it to open the app.
- After you open the app, signup with your phone number and log in to the app.
- On top of the app, you will see your MTN number and name.
5. Use MTN call Back method
I can say it's impossible for all the above methods not to work for you, but I still want to share more about how you can check your MTN number. Another option is to use MTN call-back services to get your number.
How to use call back to check MTN number
- To do this, dial this code *133# on your phone, which you have inserted the MTN line
- You will see a space to put the number of your friend or family member that will receive your call
- Select the option 'Call Me. I need your assistance with the onscreen options by replying '5.'
- This will make your friend or family member who you indicated call you.
- Ask him or her to tell you the number on his or her screen.
6. You can memorize your number or save it online
Honestly, saving your phone in your head is that hard, maybe you never tried to save it. I handle most of my transactions with my ATM card because I have all the front and back numbers saved in my brain.
The fact is not because I am too smart or intelligent, it is because I tried to memorize and save it in my head, and I did. You can do the same with your phone numbers.
7. Your friend can help
Just like the Call me back method that requires you to dial *133#. You can get your MTN number from a friend by dialing any code.
It's simple: just call your close friends or family members and ask them to call your number if you have forgotten it or need something.
Finally, I can assure you that option 1-3 is the easiest method to check your MTN number, any other method also works but seems like stress to me. Don't hesitate to ask questions if you still face any challenges.More posts to read
* How to transfer data on MTN to MTN numbers (MB Transfer]
* MTN Data Plan 2022 (Subscription code & Price)
* How to get 2GB for N200 MTN Pulse Nightlife plans
* MTN Double Data subscription code 40GB for 5000, 24GB for 3500