I never knew how hard it could be to log out of WhatsApp on my phone until today, I was navigating from one menu to another looking for the log-out option on Whatsapp about never saw anything like that. However, when it comes to things like that, I always find a way to do what I want.
I know that some people might be struggling to log out from their Whatsapp, but after reading this post, you wil be able to do that seamlessly. Permit me to share my experience with you before we talk about solutions.
Why I wanted to log out from Whatsapp
I have two Whatsapp installed on my phone (regular Whatsapp and Whatsapp business) using two different phone numbers. Still, I wanted to register another Airtel line I got for another purpose. Surprisingly, I tried logging out but couldn't find such options.
I went straight to the Whatsapp help center to find a solution. Still, I couldn't find anything helpful. Instead, I found out that such options were unavailable after reading the Whatsapp help center information.The message reads
:If you're using WhatsApp Web, WhatsApp Desktop, or Portal, you can log out of WhatsApp. There's no way to log out of WhatsApp if you're on Android, iPhone, or KaiOS. WhatsApp will automatically revert to standby mode if you exit the app or turn off your screen, but you'll continue receiving messages and calls.
We understand this might raise concerns about battery life and mobile data usage, but WhatsApp strives to conserve your battery and data usage as much as possible.
The message above clearly shows that you can successfully login out of Whatsapp when using the WhatsApp web, Desktop and portal versions but are not allowed to login out when using the Android, iPhone or KaiOs Whatsapp apps.
According to Whatsapp, they thought that the only reason why people might choose to log out is related to battery-draining issues, but in my case, I needed to change my phone number altogether.Note
: Whatsapp has an option that will allow you to change your number, which is available by going to Whatsapp settings, then to Account and Change Number (Settings-Account-change number). However, if you follow this method, all your contacts and chat history will be migrated to your new phone number.
I wanted to register my new phone number as a standalone without any link to the old line; I don't need my old number's chat history or contacts. All I needed was to log out from my old Whatsapp account and register my new phone number.
How to log out of Whatsapp
When it comes to technical know-how, I don't believe in impossibilities, so I figured out how to log out from Whatsapp by force even when they don't provide such an option.
So if you want to log out from Whatsapp to register a new sim, what you need to do is to follow the steps below:
1. Back up your old Whatsapp account in Google cloud so you can retrieve it whenever you wish.
2. Go to your phone menu, where you can see all your app icons.
3. Tap the WhatsApp icon and hold for a second to see other options like (Remove, Share, Uninstall, App Info and Send to Desktop)
4. Click on the App Info to go to the app settings; under your phone, you will see Force Stop; click on it to stop WhatsApp from running.
5. Click on Storage & Cache, and you will be taken to another page to clear the app cache and storage.
6. To wipe out all the app settings, you need to select Clear storage, close the page, and restart WhatsApp again, and you will see that you will be asked to log in with your old line or register for a new phone number.
>> Watch the video to understand it better: https://youtu.be/Lg_Z7k2hcfI
If you are an iPhone user, you need to follow the same method if you know how to navigate your way through.Also read
* (Whatsapp Privacy) Scare your chat with your fingerprint
* Latest OGWhatsApp V6.89 apk download
* Whatsapp Tricks You Need To Know
* How to Create WhatsApp Account with US Phone Number For Free
Clearing the storage will delete all the data that Whatsapp installed on your phone, but you don't need to worry about your old data because we did a backup in step one, which you can retrieve anytime you log in with your old phone number.
I hope this helps; if you need more clarification, don't hesitate to use the comment option below.