Do you know that you can share your internet connection between multiple devices such as computers, phones, ipad etc, and i will tell you how to get it done. but first let look at the important of sharing your internet connections.
If you are a family man and you bought expensive smartphones and PC to your children then you need to find a way to make it easier for them to be able to connect and browse with their smartphones and you can do just that at lease when you are at home with your children by setting what we call HOME CYBER CAFE
that can allow anybody in your home to browse the net connecting to one phone or one PC by following this simple step to step on how to setup and share your internet connections among other devices.Setup a simple and small home cyber cafe (How to share your internet connection to any other devices)
Before we continue you must get some materials ready to get started with.
2. Internet access
3. Data plan (any network)
4. Wifi extender (optional)
Difficulty level : Easy
CREATE AN ACCESS POINT WITH THE LAPTOP
WINDOW 7, 8, 8.1
1. Hold the windows button and press “I”. click on control panel, click on network and internet, click on network and sharing center, click on change adapter settings. Note the number of adapters that are shown on the screen. Close the window
2. Hold the windows button and press “R” ( without the “ ”)
3. In the window that opens up, type “CMD” and click “ok”
4. A command prompt window will open up. Now type the following and press enter. This creates a virtual network on the laptop.
“netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=TechTorque key=Password”
Remove the “ “ at the beginning and end
Change the “TechTorque” to any name that you want
Change the “Password” to an 8 letter password of your choice
Do not close the command prompt button.
5. Put on the WI-Fi button on the laptop. Make sure you are not connected to any network.
6. Type the following command and press enter.
“netsh wlan start hostednetwork”
If successful, you will get a response saying
“the hosted network has started”
7. Close the command prompt. Hold the windows button and press “I”. click on control panel, click on network and internet, click on network and sharing center, click on change adapter settings. And additional adapter will be displayed on the screen. Do not close the window.
8. Connect the laptop to the internet. This can be via Wi-Fi, USB modem or Ethernet. Ensure that the laptop is browsing by opening up a few webpages.
9. On the window showing the various adaptors on adaptor settings, identity which of the adapters is connected to the internet. It will not have an “X” next to it.
10. Right click on the adapter connected to the internet and click on properties. Click on sharing, tick the box that says “ Allow other network users to connect to the internet through this computer’s connection”. In the drop down box below this, select the new adapter you just created and click “OK”. Close the adapter settings window.
11.Using a smartphone, tablet computer, or any wireless device, search for and connect to the new Wi-Fi AP you just created on the laptop.
12.To stop the virtual adaptor, open a command prompt using the instructions above and type
“ netsh wlan stop hostednetwork”
13. Right click on your desktop and select “NEW”, then select ‘SHORTCUT’. in the box, type out the above command and click “NEXT”. Give it any name you want e.g. STOP WIFI and click finish. You can modify it with any picture you want.Second options to share your network with other devices:
If the process is long and laborious , you could install download and install any of the following softwares to automate the process.
Maxidix wifi suite