The Federal Government is currently assembling, in Abuja, medical and other relevant experts to provide support and care to the just released 21 Chibok girls.
Mr Laolu Akande, the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity in the Office of the Vice President, tweeted on Thursday.
A senior media aide to the president, Mallam Garba Shehu had earlier issued a statement confirming the release of 21 of the abducted Chibok girls.
According to the statement, “the missing Chibok girls have been released and are in the custody of the Department of State Services, DSS.
The statement said, the Director-General of DSS, Malam Lawal Daura had briefed President Muhammadu Buhari on the matter before the president’s departure for Germany.
It said: “The release of the girls, in a limited number is the outcome of negotiations between the administration and the Boko Haram brokered by the International Red Cross and the Swiss government. The negotiations will continue.”
The President welcomes the release of the girls but cautioned Nigerians to be mindful of the fact that more than 30,000 fellow citizens were killed via terrorism.
Malam LAWAL wants the girls to have some rest, with all of them very tired coming out of the process before he hands them over to the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo. The President takes off shortly on a trip to Germany for a state visit.