How to prevent unwanted and Spam comments on your YouTube Videos

E-Collins

• Administrator
Posted on: October 23, 2017, 03:18:48 PM
If you occasionally see some spam comments on your YouTube video channel and wish to block such unwanted comments from appearing on your YouTube Videos then I have an easy solution to such problem.

This guide will surely help newbies because I made the same mistake when I created my first YouTube video but I will not allow you to make the same mistake like I did in the past that made others to even control my YouTube channels with their unsolicited comments.

You are seeing those comments because you have not set something right and you need to visit your YouTube video editing dashboard to edit the popular video that spammers want to take advantage of.

They are able to publish their spam comments because you allowed every comment to be published without approval which is wrong if you care much about your YouTube videos.

No comments should be published without your approval and by so doing you will be able to see their spam comments before they can appear on your video which will not give you the option to disapprove such unwanted comments that might be harmful and unsecured to your subscribers.

How to Approve your comments before they appear on your videos

Now you need to set through video advance editing as you can see on the image below.

Click on Manage Video/Edit Video

Once you click Advanced settings you will be taken to the page where you will be able to see the comment approval options as you can see below.

We have 3 options there which are "All, All except potentially inappropriate comments and then Approved" to explain it further.

All, means that every single comment made on your video whether good or spam will be published on your video.

All except potentially inappropriate comments, in this regard the system will try to detect when some spam comments and block them or ask you to take a look before it can appear on your videos.

Approved, this option means that no comments will be allowed to appear on your video without your approval, so it's only approved comments that will appear on your videos.

From the above explanation, you will understand that to protect your YouTube videos against spammers you need to set it to APPROVED so that all comments will pass through your eyes before showing up on your videos.

Quick Reply

NName:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture: