Do you need a loan to pay your school fees, pay your hospital bills or boost your business? Beware of loan scammers who create a loan platform and website just to defraud you. There is nothing more painful than losing the little you have while looking for more.
Yes, Life has become easier since the introduction of Bank Verification Number (BVN) which motivated some individuals and co-operate bodies to offer quick loans without collateral or pepper work. There are some genuine loan providers
in Nigeria but there are still hundreds of fake ones that you should avoid at all costs.
How to Identify loan scam platforms and websites
You might have a similar question on your mind right now "how do I conclude that a loan provider is a scam". The best way to find out whether a loan provider is a scam or not is to try it with caution. Moreover, tagging any loan provider a scam wasn't about loan approval or anything of that sort but the way they operate shows they are scammers.
* Any online loan platform that asks you to pay a certain percentage before you receive your loan is a scam.
* When you are asked to perform some unrealistic task to get a loan, then run there is every tendency that they are scammers.
* Be careful of any offer that looks too good to be true, you can't tell me that you will just get N500.000 - N5,000,000 without collateral and paperwork.
* Scammers will always ask you to pay to get paid and at the end who pays first looses
To find out more about how I detect scam loan platforms you can read this post
and see the tricks I used to identify their fraudulent activities.
How you can be scammed
Some of these scammers will ask you to pay like 10% of the total loan amount and when you add your ATM debit card details then you have given them access to withdraw any money you have on your account. Even all the trusted loan platforms will need your bank and ATM debit details which gives them access to debit your account when your loan is due for repayment.
However, you are safe when you provide such information on trusted loan providers because they are registered and regulated with a valid online and physical address. They usually provide direct contacts that enable you to reach them anytime when you face any issue.
Scammers will provide invalid addresses and often use Facebook fake profiles to comment on their posts to make their platform look real. This post here
will help you learn the tricks scammers use to make their loan scam business look so real for some.
Before listing loan scam websites and platforms in Nigeria, I will like you to check out 8 Best loan app in Nigeria that pays faster
List of loan scam websites and platforms
I am going to list all the loan scam websites and platforms I have seen so far and will always add more to the list once I detect them. Moreover, I will not be explaining how they operate because they both have one thing in common, you pay to get paid and in the end, you lose the little you have. Any loan website or apps that I will list here has been properly checked and should be avoided at all cost.
- auxfinance. gq (AUXFINANCE) surely a scam
- spanmonie. ga hiding under the name swiftmonie Fin
- www. apexloan. com. ng (APEX LOAN LIMITED)
- www. clarrettacreditsng. com (Clarretta Credits Nig) they might not be one of the loan scam platforms but with this "Applicant shall be willing to pay our loan registration charge of N37,250 upon approval of their loan request" you might still be scammed
- Loancrest. net/ loancrest. org (Loan Crest Inc) ask for N38,000 loan registration charge
- Crownfin.info (crown Fin) Pure scam platform
- www. wowlandlordsng. com, ask people to claim fake loan offer
- afriloans. gq (AfriLoans Ng) undoubtedly scam platfom
I will add more to the list soon