I downloaded some stuff on the net and installed it but unfortunately for me Yahoo used the third party software to gain access to my Firefox Browser and any time i tried to open new tab in Firefox it will redirect me directly to https://www.yahoo.com/?fr=vmn&type=vmn__webcompa__1_0__ya__hp_WCYID10099_swoc_campaign_150528__yaff
which will now take me to yahoo homepage.
I felt so annoyed about it but i tried removing it by changing the settings of my firefox but it didn't work for me and i decided to let it be for about 2 days before i decided to remove it at all cost and i come across this solution on how to Remove Yahoo search new tab hijacker for Firefox
.Solution to Remove Yahoo search new tab hijacker for Firefox:
1. In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter. The "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear.
2. Click I'll be careful, I promise! to continue to the about:config page.
3. Type browser.newtab.url in the search box to find it on the list.
4. Double-click on browser.newtab.url and type in about:newtab in the window that pops up.
Restart Firefox and open a new tab to make sure the change was made.Solution to Remove Yahoo search new tab hijacker for Chrome:
To remove yahoo annoying search tab hijack on your chrome browser simply follow this steps below.
- Scroll up to the top right of your Chrome Browser where the 'X' is and underneath you should see 3 bars for "Customize and control Google Chrome"
- Click those 3 bars and open up Settings
- Find the 2nd Category from the top "On startup"
- 3rd Option is "Open specific page or..."
- Click on the blue hyperlink "Set pages"
- Remove it by hovering your mouse over Yahoo and clicking the transparent 'x' that appears to the right of the unwanted Startup pages
The problems should be over now.